Now that I’m decorating an entire house, my brain races with design possibilities 24/7. I tend to go all-in with a project until it’s 80% done, then I move on to the next room. The rest of the 20% I call “layering” and finish more slowly. The layering pieces include small accessories for shelves, coffee tables, etc. – the things that I generally like to collect over time from antique or thrift stores that add a more personal touch. Right now I’m on the kitchen. My vision has changed slightly from my original inspiration, but overall I’m still going for the cottage-y rustic feel with a modern twist. So far we painted the cupboards a pretty blue and I ordered these chairs I’ve always wanted. I had a nice little round wooden table that I wasn’t crazy about, but I didn’t want to buy a new one because it would have been similar to the one we already have and it just didn’t make sense. I love the look of whitewashed wood like this dresser, so I decided to try painting our table to give it the same look. I’m sharing the tutorial for that soon. Now I need to get a rug, new lighting, and curtains. I know I want a cowhide rug because of its durability in a high traffic area (still looking for one with a great price), but I’m still undecided on the lighting and curtains. I perused Pinterest to get some ideas and here’s what I’m loving. The bamboo shades look great and I love the dramatic chandeliers.
Which is your favorite?